Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Camp CEO is tomorrow!

Is it really that time of year again?! It’s summertime, and that means that one of my favorite girl programs is back—Camp CEO! I am so excited to head back to Camp Laurel in Lebanon and meet with our fabulous group of CEOs and our incredible young women for a few days of outdoor adventure and skill-building.

At Camp CEO, girls ages 14-17 from across Connecticut come to Camp Laurel and team up with prominent business women and leaders across the state. This year, with  their “CEO Buddies,” girls will learn more about how Girl Scouts take the lead like a G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, and Leader), and how these attributes are a part of our DNA! Will girls be go-getters and lead the discussion around the campfire about their passion and goals, or will they be a risk-taker and try something new, like kayaking or archery? The opportunities are endless!

Last year's group at Camp CEO!
Camp CEO is an incredible experience. I discover every year that not only do the girls learn about themselves and find their voice, but I learn more about myself as well. It’s such an amazing opportunity to unplug and embrace the beauty of Mother Nature (although I will miss my hair dryer!) and make memories that will last a lifetime. 

Stay tuned next week for a more detailed account of our experiences at Camp CEO.




Yours in Girl Scouting,


No comments:

Post a Comment